Built in 1790, Prince Edward's Gate was one of the gates that was locked shut on a daily basis to keep the fortress of Gibraltar protected from outside attack. Whilst this tradition is not maintained nowadays, the annual Ceremony of the Keys re-enacts this striking period of Gibraltar's history.
The gate is shown alongside the sentry post to the left of the gate. Warm pastels on the walls and the gate contrast with the stark road leading away from the City of Gibraltar.
Printed on fine quality, archival paper. Paper type: Giclée Hahnemühle German Etching. Available in two sizes.